Every year our little family goes out and gets a real Christmas tree. We did this every year when I was growing up and it is one of my favorite memories. Watching my dad look over EVERY tree in the lot making sure the tree didn't have gaps in it or it wasn't slanted on one side. (I have no clue where I get my picky nature from!) We would bring it home and my dad would sit by the fireplace and saw the bottom of the tree off so the water could get in better, then we would put it in the stand and the next day we would put on the lights and ornaments. Bringing the Christmas boxes up from downstairs was so exciting! Us girls would fight who got to wear the tree skirt, as a skirt, up the stairs. We would then decorate the tree and listen to the Chipmunks Christmas record.

We get our trees from Home Depot and in the past they have all been really nice looking but this year...WOW! It's tall and thick and wide and just beautiful! The pictures don't do it justice...
1 comment:
I love hearing about other traditions people have around the holidays. That's one I remember the most-and decorating the tree.
Your tree looks awesome!
Post a Comment