Tuesday, December 7, 2010

bathroom

I saw this way cool thing to do to a wall on shanty 2 chic (craftblog) it's so cute and I wanted to do it to the kids bathroom wall. I told my in laws about it and while they were here over thanksgiving my father in law, cory and I went and got all the supplies. My father in law put up the whole thing! How awesome is he?!?! I felt bad that he was working while on vacation!

Here's what it looked like before..


put a 1x4 across the top...


put 1x4's vertically...



add a "ledge" on the top, this is a 1x3 (i think) and we added some detail to it, i can't remember what the board we put on is called, a cove something???....but it's under the top board (if you can see it)



Filled the nail holes, sanded, primed and painted twice. I am going to put 4 hooks on the horizontal board so people can hang up towels. I think it turned out great! Thanks so much Lynn!!! (sad I don't get to enjoy it....)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love it! I'm trying to decide where I can put it...

Sara said...

It looks so great! What a fantastic transformation! I may have to do it myself...