Wednesday, October 15, 2008

One Year Already!



It was last year at this time when I pulled Cory out of our apartment and told him that we were just going to "look" at houses. I had been watching a builder in our area since we first moved to Boise (in 06). I was watching and waiting for his home prices to drop. When I found out that he was putting half of his inventory on sale for just one weekend, I had to go look, just to see if anything was in our price range...I wasn't counting on it. We left the house at 9am on Saturday. We went to south Boise, Kuna (WAY south of meridian) and northern Nampa (south nampa looks scary..no offense to anyone who lives there). We decided to stop at the sales center in Meridian not thinking that we would find anything because Meridian is one of the fastest growing cities in the state and prices are fairly high. We saw the list of homes for sale and saw a few homes in one neighborhood that were in our price range. We couldn't drive over fast enough! We walked through one of the 4 bedrooms and were really impressed and like the floor plan, then we went across the street to the 3 bedrooms and didn't like that one at all. We then went through the house next door to the first one we had gone into (same floor plan) only with white appliances instead of black. I loved that house! We went back to the sales center "just to see what kind of a payment we could get" after running all over the valley we were driving to our apartment at 7 at night with a month left before we would sign on our first home. I love my home, it's not this huge monster of a house but it fits our
family with room to spare, and makes a nice starter home.
I can't believe that it's been a year since we first stepped
through that front door. We've made great memories this
year and I can't wait for more! The picture at the top is when
we bought it and this one to the right was taken the first week
in Oct.










1 comment:

Kellie said...

What a super cute house!