Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cory wanted this post to be called "grapes of wrath"

Don't' ask me why-he just thought it would be funny....strange sense of humor! :) I love you honey! We have a whiskey barrel and had tomatoes and peppers in it last year, this year we wanted more veggies--one BIG problem though....our yard is tiny! I think my parent's garden area is 2X's the size of our yard! My daddy in law built these really cool planter boxes, he has 3 in his yard and then a few whiskey barrels. The boxes are awesome!! and work perfect for us -- we don't have to tear out what yard we do have AND we don't have to bend over!



Isn't this so cool!? We have zucchini, onions, green peppers and a jalapeno plant in it.



This is why Cory wanted the post the "grapes of wrath" -- we bought a concord grape vine. I thought the post would be funny if I called it "planting us a grape vine" (like the song- heard it through the grape vine?) I guess we both aren't very funny. sorry.



In our barrel we have 2 tomatoes plants, pea plants and some green bean plants that haven't come up yet.


We've made some improvements to our yard: we got curbing! Yay!




On the side we are gonna get those big stones like this:

and then put stepables to grow around the stones.



No comments: