Wednesday, January 27, 2010

goodness what a day!

This morning wasn't too bad but then this afternoon I had this really fussy baby, which I could deal with because I didn't have too many kids so it wasn't stressful, he just made me hot because he was only happy if I was holding him and bouncing.

That's when this kid-we'll call him "Bob"-came in. (oh and bob is three) He didn't want to come to the daycare and was crying so I asked if he wanted to play trucks with me or watch a show, something, just to get him in the door and help mom out a little. he was whining and pitching a fit and mom just stands there looking at the kid (-if it were my kid acting like that I would grab them and physically put them in the daycare--) so i hear the dad out towards the front desk call his son.
Then I hear the mom say, "no, he's not allowed to have food in the daycare." YAY MOM!!! you've read the rules and are following them!!
so she leaves and says that dad and "bob" will be in a minute so I'm thinking, ok they are feeding him out there-whatever. Then dad-we'll call him "joe"- comes back in with "bob". "Bob" has a granola bar in his hand. I tell "joe"that "bob" can stand in between the gate and the door but I can't let him past the gate unless he wants me to put his food up.
"joe" tells me, "oh well the girl at the front desk said that this one time it's ok."
WRONG!
I then smiled "sweetly" and said, "The girl at the front desk isn't the manager of the daycare-I am and the rules say that there's no food allowed-not even once."
He glares at me and asks, "Well then how do you expect to get him in there?"
So I put down the baby, who immediately starts to cry, and open the gate, take "bob" by the hand and then close the gate behind us. THAT was hard...goodness parents!! THINK! :)

"joe" leaves and "bob" starts crying saying he wants mom and dad but after a few min I've distracted him and he's playing. then he starts to have another melt down and trys to open the gate a few times. I tell him to stop or he can go sit in the corner (this whole time he's bawling and screaming for mom and dad and making the baby cry), he doesn't stop so I put him in the corner. He is so worked up that he pees his pants--grr! I go tell mom and dad that "bob" had an accident. Mom asks me if he has a change of clothes---how in the crap am I gonna know that? "joe" says no, we'll have to go home a grab some (they were working out with a trainer). on the way downstairs "joe" asks if its ok if he runs home and grabs some clothes.

NOOOOOO!!!!! you're child has peed. he is soaked--there is pee on the floor of my daycare and I don't want him touching anything or "playing" cuz he's gonna get pee everywhere.

I told him "no, he's VERY wet and I can't have him in there like that." so he leaves with "bob" and comes back just as I'm getting ready to go home and "bob" has a toy car with him. "joe" says he needs "bob" to give the car back(--There's no toys from home allowed) "bob" starts to cry and whine-"joe" asks if we can bend the rules-just this one time- this guy is a broken record! --I say "no." "bob" hands it over without a word.

I go to clock out and ask the front desk girl-who I'm mad at for telling them its ok to have food- where the GM is cuz I need my carpets cleaned. She says he's working out and if anyone bugs his he'll be mad. -whatever-I just say ok I just need the carpets cleaned and she's like, "well he's not the one to tell to get it done, is he? maintenance needs to do it."

me- so maintenance is gonna shampoo the carpet? we don't have an outside company do that?

her-oh well yeah we have someone come in a do it. I thought you just needed it vacuumed.

me-(while pounding my head on the counter) yeah...Oh and just so you know, don't tell parents its ok for kids to have food in the daycare cuz it's not.

her-oh well i thought it was ok because he was "having a hard time"

me-(thinking to myself--I don't care if the kid was turning green and punching holes in the floor -its not ok!! reward the bad behavior-good one!) "well it's not ok. ever."

So then I clocked out, went home...vented on blogger...

ahhh i feel better and happy now. :)

2 comments:

Anjeanette said...

BREATHE!!!!!! Way to stick to your guns.....my kind of girl! Hope you have a better night.... :)

Allison said...

Hahaha I can breathe now! It feels good! :)