Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Heart Attack!

We have a security system in our house for when Cory is gone or we're out of town...that kind of thing. On all of our doors that lead outside we have a "box" looking thing. One sits on the door, the other on the molding so when the door is opened, the 'boxes" are separated and the system says "front door" or whatever door got opened. When the alarm is set and you come in, it says the door your coming in from and says disarm the system now and you have 90 sec. before the monitoring company calls you and you have to answer all these security question and give passwords and all that, if you don't answer the phone, they call the cops.



So anyways, Cory is out of town and I'm upstairs, it's about 11:30ish and all of the sudden I hear my alarm system say "back door, disarm system now" then it starts to beep. So I start to panic, something has happened to the back door, I'm alone -little 5'3 me and I doubt that I can fend off an attacker. I grab my cell phone to be ready to call 911 if I need to and grab something to try and defend myself with, I found a pen (haha, like I'm Jason Bourne and can stab someone with a pen!). So I'm creeping down the stairs flipping on lights and yelling hello!? I turn off the system because I don't see anyone and walk slowly to the back door. I see the "box" on the floor. The tape wasn't sticky and fell off the door thus causing a separation of the sensors and therefore the alarm going off. Then my phone rings, I jumped a mile in the air, and it was the monitoring company asking if everything was ok and if I need assistance. I'm glad my system works but wow, talk about a heart attack!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

That would freak me out!!! No sleep for me that night I can guarentee it! I am glad that it was not real, but why can't something like tht happen when the men are around to check it out?