Thursday, February 5, 2009

While the cats away the mice will.....clean?

When Cory was gone a few weeks ago I gave myself the task of really organizing and cleaning the kids room. I threw away toys that were broken, those dumb toys you get from kids meals, I found a spoon that I had been missing for a few months, just all kinds of things. But I put the toys into a tote with a picture on it and that is where those toys go. Call me crazy but my kids are awesome at picking up now and I no longer hear "Mom! Where's this toy or that toy?" Because now they are in their assigned boxes. Ok I'm a freak I know!The kids "helped" :) This is in Logan's room, the whole floor is covered in "piles" of toys. Logan wanted a picture of how "cool" his room looked with all of his toys out at once. Brooklyn's room with her food, dishes, and dress up/play things.Logan's closet and the picture below is under his bed. I'm such a dork! Haha!

2 comments:

Anjeanette said...

Yeah! I love knowing a fellow organizer. I am the same way, and actually have Ashley's room exactly like Brooklynn's with the three drawers with dishes, food and barbies. Too funny. I often go through all my kids toys and throw stuff out. Amazing how fast you accumulate junk. Anyway....good for you. Doesn't your house feel so much cleaner now?

Amy said...

HAHAHA! Will you come do mine now? Please? I'm begging... I seriously used to do all that too. My older kids had totes that were labeled and had pictures on them, their dresser drawers had pictures of clothes on them, they had closet organizers with lableled shelves and matching hangers. I had boxes of baby clothes and toys organized by size and season, so I could give them away or donate them. *sigh* 2 more kids later....and I can't find a dang thing in this house. Too many toys, too many shoes, too many clothes. I'm so jealous. :(