Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Logan's non denominational winter solstice holiday program

WARNING: COMPLAINING AHEAD---------->

Logan's school has a singing thing that they do. I went last year cuz I was/am in primary and I wanted to see all my "kids" sing. I went 1/2 hr early last year and had plenty of seating left so I went 1/2 hr early this year thinking it would be ok. NOPE. They changed the direction of the seating so there were only half the seats that were there last year-- not exaggerating! It was soooooo stupid!!! But there was empty spots in the back where we could stand, so we did that. Then watched as people came in 10-5 min before it started and stood right in front of us, didn't kneel down cuz they knew people were behind them, no just stood there. And ok, part of its not their fault cuz of the lack of seating but seriously--there are people behind you, move out of the way or kneel down so we can see over you. I went around and stood in front of them so I could get some pictures of Logan. I heard one lady tell a different one that her kid was a second grader and was singing third--then MOVE so that the people who have kindergartners can see their children. I sound like those nutty parents at kids sporting events don't I? haha.

I like how he stands away from everyone.

No clue what he's doing here...did it for the whole song.

Reason for my title is cuz they didn't sing any Christmas songs....LAME. It's Christmas. I remember singing Christmas songs in elementary school. I guess it's not allowed anymore- I don't know. ;)

2 comments:

Anjeanette said...

I got there a half hour early also, and got a seat in the front row, only because I was by myself. The seating was crazy and it doesn't help that we are all on the same track now, so there's more people coming. It was crazy. I was mad about the lighting. The light right above Ashley was out, so none of my pics of her turned out, they are way too dark. Very irritating. You sound like me...just wait until your kids start sports.....you're gonna be a crazy mom like me....lol. :)

Sara said...

So what songs did they sing, if they weren't Christmas songs? Sounds like it wasn't planned very well as far as seating is concerned. I would be upset too! Russell's school had their program at the Performing Arts Center and it turned out really cute! It was called "The Year Santa was Distracted." I liked how everyone could have a good enough seat to see their own child.