Monday, September 20, 2010

new things

I've been stalking craft blogs lately...I have so many projects to do, mostly just finishing them up, I start one and then while paint is drying or whatever I start on a new one. I need to make a check list so I can check off what I've started.

Saw pumpkins painted like this on a blog, can't remember which one-sorry! I'm not sure what to do with them..should I get two more and then make a topiary thing or even a topiary with just the 2.. or just place them outside on my porch as is...?
My sis-in-law told me how to do this wreath years ago and I finally got around to finishing it! It's squares of fabric stuck with pins into a straw wreath form- I love it! I've gotten tonz of compliments on it, so thanks for telling me how to do it Amy!
A few months ago I was cleaning the potty and I got the toilet bowl cleaner, opened the lid and flipped it upside down to squirt it into the potty and I guess there was some cleaner in the lid or I'm just a spaz and it got my purple wall and bleached it blue...it was good because I was sick of the purple and wanted to paint over it for a while, this gave me a good excuse. LOVE the green and we added some hardware to the cupboards and drawers.
Made this out of a dowel, raffia, ribbon, black paint and an old paint stir stick (did you know they have different colors of raffia? I didn't -I thought I was going to have to spray paint the raffia-man what a time saver!)
I got this idea from http://www.diaryofacraftaholic.blogspot.com/ its one of my favorites, she has THE cutest ideas...
Another new thing (which I'm totally not qualified for and already freaking out about)....I got a new calling. (Perfect timing - I just finishing writing the primary program and all. I feel SOOOO bad for the president!! Good thing I have it all ready so if she wants she can just pick up and run with it, or totally change it-her choice-but the program is 4 Sundays away. I feel bad but I don't have to stress about it!) Anyways I got called to be the 4th Sunday Relief Society instructor. HAHAHA. Because I have NO problem getting up in front of people and having them stare at me while I talk. I had a hard time doing sharing time for children! I'm doing the lesson this Sunday!! Way to ease me into it! It's hard because I do the teaching for our times lessons instead of out of the gospel principles book, so I'm given a talk from the latest general conference and I have to make a lesson out of it. Riiiight. Wish me luck and I hope I don't throw up too many times Sunday morning! ;) Once a month right? Once a month, deep breaths...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love the wreath! I need to make a new one for myself. My fall one is kinda trashed and sun-faded. :)