So my sister in law has been doing this thing all summer where she'd pay $15 and then on Saturday go and pick up some fruit and veggies. Sounds kinda strange huh? It's not, it's pretty cool! Well she's in eastern Idaho and we didn't have anything like that over here, till now! This program (or whatever you call it) is called bountiful baskets. http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/
Saturday is the first day/week I did it. It was pretty fun, at first I'm like ok what do I do? but they have "helper people" there to tell you what to do and where to go. The closest site we have is about 20 miles away -out in Caldwell :P Here's what you do, you sign up for how many "baskets" of fruits and veggies you want- do this on your "contribution date" ours is Monday at 8pm till Tuesday at 11pm. So you pay $15 if you just want one basket, print out your "receipt" and then on your pick up day - usually Saturday- bring your receipt with you to the pick up location and they check off your name and they give you food!! :) Our pick up time is at 7:45am but I left the house just before 7- to make an Albies run to get free cheese and hot dogs-(pd. $2.15 for 10 (2cup) bags of shredded cheese and 5 pks of Oscar Meyer hot dogs-wahoo! oh AND got $5 back to use on another purchase!!) 
Look what we got! 7 bananas, 7 nectarines, 5 tomatoes, a honeydew melon, bag of black grapes, bag of plums, pkg of strawberries, 3 green peppers, 12 sweet potatoes, cabbage, celery, and romaine lettuce. That's what came in 1 basket- All for $15. It's delicious! We made a really yummy green salad for dinner tonight and mashed up the sweet potatoes, and have been snacking on the fruits. I'm so doing this every week I can! Anybody who wants to join me is welcome to, we could car pool! :) Go and check out their website- www.bountifulbaskets.org- it has more info on it and it's less confusing than I'm making it sound!






3 comments:
YAY!!! We love our baskets. :)
OH, and it's odd to be referred to as the sister in law. Seriously, I thought you were talking about someone else! haha!
:) haha. you're the only one i have! love you!
Post a Comment