We went to SLC last weekend for Cory's mission reunion. We haven't been able to go for about 5-6 years because it was always during works busy season and Cory could never get the time off. He was pretty excited to see the people who were his family for 2 years. That was on Friday night. Saturday we wandered around, spent too much money on a tent ;) haha. Went to the gateway mall. love the gateway. I think I like the idea of it more than anything else. It's an outdoor mall. It has an upstairs and downstairs and it's on both sides of a little street. It has a fountain kids can run through, skywalks to the other side. Charming.
We bribed the kids that if they were good we'd go to build a bear. They've never been even though we lived 15 miles away from one.
Here's the "skin" they picked out. Kids are so funny! Sorry for the crap crappy photos. I left my camera in the car and had to take these with my cell.
Logan went first. Stuffing his doggie.

Then they get a heart to put inside and they have them do all kinds of silly things before putting it in.
Stitching him up.

Brooklyn was afraid of the stuffing machine. It was too loud.
She kept telling me she wanted me to put the heart in because "I'm too shy mom" GRR!! But I helped her get a heart and told her she had to do the rest and... she did! YAY! Very slowly coming out of that shell.

"bathing" the doggies


All dressed up. Logan named his Obi wan and Brooklyn named hers doggie. :)
Then we went back to the hotel to rest for a little, watch conference, and then ran up the street to wander around Temple square. (Side note: I was AMAZED and appalled at the number of girls/women that were walking around downtown SLC with no shoes on...yeah...nasty!! If your feet hurt then maybe you shouldn't have worn 5 inch stiletto heels. So gross.) The kids wanted to see the "big Jesus" (the Christus statue in the north visitors center) We didn't take a picture because of all the people.
Beautiful flowers --that got snowed on the next morning.
I wanted a family photo in front of the Temple but poor little Rea-bug had been up all day and finally fell asleep -- you don't mess with a sleep deprived baby, or mama!






No comments:
Post a Comment