Wednesday, January 14, 2009

shat happens

Over the past few weeks I have been trying to potty train Brooklyn. She'll go every once in a while but no where near consistent or anything. She's afraid of the "big" potty hole so we put the top of the little potty on the big one and she's fine with that. But I work part time so what am I supposed to do carry a potty lid into work so I can continue training at work? I guess I'll figure something out. Anyways, today I didn't have to work so I thought that I would really buckle down and do some tough training. As soon as she got up we were in the bathroom but she had already gone in her pull up. Great start. I took her every 1/2 hour and kept missing when she would go, sometimes she'd stay dry for 2 hours and other times it was a 1/2 hour. After throwing a million pull ups in the garbage I put her in undies. She did pretty good only had one accident that afternoon. In the evening I'm making dinner and she tells me that she pooped...in her undies. I took her in the bathroom and carefully took off her undies and just as I'm about to get them off, she shakes her leg with the panties still on her leg. Poop flying EVERYWHERE! So I'm trying to put her on the potty and pick up the poop and she ends up stepping on some of it. I pick it up with TP and put it in the garbage because it has a bunch of pull ups in it and I'm going to take it out. I took it in the garage and open the garbage can and I bumped my arm on the wall as I was dumping the garbage so then I have poop flying in my garage!! It's been a nasty day and not a very good week for the potty. I'm very glad she's in bed and I don't have to deal with fecal matter until the morning.

2 comments:

Anjeanette said...

Oh...I am sorry it's not going so good. Your house sounds pretty stinky right now....fun for you. :) I won't brag now about how Cody is all done potty training and now goes by himself. Keep trying, hopefully it will get better....

Amy said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Yeah, if Haiden has an accident, she has to clean it up, and I usually just toss her undies. After cleaning out ones from training the older 3 kids, I decided undies aren't that expensive! Just remember, she's only almost 3!