Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Quiet Book

I decided to make a quiet book for Reagan thinking it would take me forever do get it done so she'd be old enough to use it but I'm almost done with it. I got this idea from a blog -www.servingpinklemonade.blogspot.com She's awesome and made all these templates where you just had to print them out and follow directions!
Zipper page, self explanatory. Flower petals have numbers on them and velcro to the page, the pot can be used to hold the petals as well.
Tennis racket, you can weave the stripes. Paint, the paint spots are stuck with velcro so you can move them around and "paint" with the paint brush.
The barn doors open, there's a pocket inside that will hold little finger puppets (haven't made them yet, there will be a cow, pig and chicken). The tree has velcro on the branches and I made flower, summer leaves, fall leaves and snow flakes for the 4 different seasons. The grass holds the one's your not using.

Ballet shoe- tying page. Dress up doll, self explanatory.

There's two more pages that I haven't finished yet. One is a road with a house and garage and it has a car you can drive around and little stop signs and things. The other is a mailbox that has a door you can open up and a flag that moves up and down.

So I need to finish those up and then bind the pages and I'll be done! Logan wants one but I think he's too old for a touchy/feely type book so I might make an ABC one-a is for atonement, b is for baptism, ect. Serving pink lemonade has a good idea for one like that too!

No comments: