Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Kindergarten

Why do they call it kindergarten? What is kinder and why does it have/need a garten?



It's German, (literally means "children's garden") --is a form of education for young children which serves as a transition from home to the commencement of more formal schooling.



So, kinder is German for children but here's a cool thing...it's also an Italian chocolate. yay chocolate!!


And if it means children's garden...with a "d" why isn't it kindergarden? instead of "t"? These are the things that keep me up all night....

Anyway, I took Logan to the school today to register. The little "tests" they do are pretty funny, stand on one foot, hop, bounce a ball....can your kid move? Why does your child wear glasses? Ahh it's a fashion statement....


He was looking at the letters I had on a paper that you give to the teacher and he was naming them, no problem and then when we go to talk to the teacher, he gets all shy! Logan's never shy! He was whispering the letters to her --it was so cute. He's so excited for school and doesn't understand that he doesn't go to school yet.

He got a "goodie" bag with a name tag, a booklet with numbers and letters in it, a sequence game, and a froggie book.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I did not know that he was going to Kindergarten this year too. There alot of kids that start this year from our ward. He is going to have so much fun.

Sara said...

Russell is SOOO excited for Kindergarten! Me too! :)

Those are some interesting things about the word Kindergarten. :)

Amy said...

Aww, how I remember sending Skylar off on his first day, and I cried and cried and hugged Jordan so hard because she was the one left at home. And now, I'm so grateful when they get on the bus each morning, cuz it means I get a few more hours of sleep before I have to pick Holden up from Kindergarten! I'm so excited for Haiden to go next year! I'm almost free!! HAHAHAHAHA!

I'm so glad Logan is excited though! I hope he has a really good experience and enjoys his teacher and classmates! He's a smart boy and will learn so much!

NB said...

Whats up. Your pictures were so cute, you are looking good, such a great mom! I love how Logan and Brooklyn match with their glasses, I can't believe how fast they grow! Miss you at women's conf!