Thursday, April 23, 2009

Room Makeover

I've wanted to paint Brooklyn's room for a while and I was going to do a blue and purple, but her bedspread has a bunch of purple and I didn't want it to be purple over load. PLUS the flower stickers that are on her wall are purple and they kinda blended into the purple test spot I painted on the wall. Whew! After that explanation here are the before pics:
Under construction: HELLO GREEN! It's very bright but it's ok....we make fun of my in-laws room for being a bright green so what do I do? Paint Brooklyn's room the same color! Oh well it matches the colors in her bedspread.

I'm going to do something with her headboard, cover it in fabric or something. I also have a light blue sign to hang up with vinyl lettering saying "All you need is faith and trust, and a little bit of pixie dust"
close up of the fairies-sorry it's kinda dark....
Brooklyn loves it and she was so happy to get her fairies back up on the wall!

1 comment:

Anjeanette said...

OH, it turned out cute. I woke up yesterday morning and decided I wanted to paint my hallway. Bigger project than I thought. Then I decided to spray paint all the picture frames black so they all match. It all looks good now. We should have teamed up and painted together. I have more projects....how bout you? Did you have your kids around while you painted. I did, but don't want to again... :)